FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please read through these before sending your question - it may have been answered already!
- How can I learn more about polyamory? (Includes terminology & glossary links!)
- How do I know if I’m polyamorous?
- Is polyamory a choice or an identity?
- Does [my identity/relationship] count as polyamory?
- How do I find polyamorous people to date?
- How can I find poly-friendly mental health care?
- I’m unhappy in my relationship/My partner may be abusive. What should I do?
- I want to try polyamory, but my partner doesn’t. What should I do?
- My partner wants to try polyamory, but I don’t. What should I do?
- Is there a limit to how many people can be involved in a polyamorous relationship or network?
- We are a couple looking to add a third to our relationship - how do we do that?
About Polyamory Advice
Who are you?
I run this blog anonymously because my career path makes being publicly out as polyamorous risky and challenging. I go by Zinnia here, I’m an American woman, and I have been practicing polyamory for over seven years.
How do I send in a question?
You can submit questions via tumblr or use my contact form here. Please try and keep questions under ~200 words - if it runs long, I'll condense it to be brief enough to post.
Do you do interviews/promotions/book reviews/speaking engagements/etc.?
Totally! Send media requests at polyamoryadvice [at] gmail [dot] com.
Can you answer my question privately?
No, I cannot send private answers to questions. All answers will be posted publicly, with the question anonymized. For more information, please read this post.
Can we chat using the tumblr chat feature, Google Hangouts, Discord, or another live chat service?
No, I cannot provide live, in-person advice chats or advice. The only way to send me a question is through the tumblr ask feature or my email listed above, and the only way to get a response is via a publicly answered, anonymized post here on my blog.
Will you answer my question anonymously?
Yes, all questions are copied and pasted 100% anonymously. You do not need to specifically request or instruct that your letter be posted anonymously.
Can you answer my question with my username listed or tagged?
No, all questions are posted anonymously.
Can you send me a personal update or heads-up when you post my question?
No, I don’t have the time or resources to contact individual letter-writers when their questions are published and answered. The blog is updated daily at 9am PST, so you can check to see whether your question has been posted.