Since I got back from hiatus, I had lots (and I mean lots) of messages in my inbox, which made me realize how many of the questions I get are nearly identical, if not very very similar. So I’m going to try and write ‘master posts’ that answer the most common questions I get here, so people can get the info they need without me having to post the same answer over and over. The questions I am developing pages for are:
- Is polyamory an identity or a choice?
- How can I learn more about polyamory?
- How do I know if I’m poly?
- [Describes orientation and/or situation] - does that count as polyamory?
- How do I tell my monogamous partner I want to be poly?
- How do I tell someone I like/want to date that I’m poly?
- My partner just told me they’re poly, how do I deal?
- How do we find a third to ‘bring into’ our relationship?
- How do I manage polyamory when I/my partner/my partner’s partner deals with a mental illness?
- How do I meet poly people/get into a poly relationship?
So be on the lookout for those!
And if you sent me a question but it hasn’t been answered, check to see if it falls into one of those categories. If so, I have definitely answered a very similar question earlier on this blog, so take a dip in the archives!